Tuesday 24 February 2015

Is The Swan-Daughter as Enjoyable a Read as The Handfasted Wife?

Can't make up my mind if I enjoyed it even more than the brilliant 'The Handfasted Wife', 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Swan-Daughter (Daughters of Hastings 2) (The Daughters of Hastings Trilogy) (Paperback)
Well, I've just finished Carol McGrath's second book 'The Swan-Daughter', in her 'Daughters of Hastings' trilogy, ' It's a real stunner. Can't make up my mind if I enjoyed it even more than the brilliant 'The Handfasted Wife'. I won't write more, as I feel some of the reviews give away too much of the story - but will say I was drawn into the medieval world from the first page. I rooted for Gunnhild's independence, and wholeheartedly believed in the characters who surrounded her, and the various plots as they unravelled (even though I know it's fiction based on historical facts).

Carol McGrath has converted me to enjoy this period which I was never really that much interested - a feat in itself!

Very much looking forward to 'The Betrothed Sister', and hope the trilogy will turn into a 'series'!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment